This came up today so I thought I would touch on the subject. I am an avid shooter and sometimes hunter. I have shot guns of some kind since I was a little girl I can outshoot or hold my own with the majority of men. I do not currently carry a pistol with me but I may change that at some point in my life. I am not against it but I just do not have a reason to at this time. I am generally home all day and night and certaintly have enough here at the house to hold off a small army. I am all for women shooting but I really and strongly believe that if a woman chooses to carry a pistol she needs to do more than just take a class.
1. She needs to be fully vested into this and practice often (shooting is fun and great stress relief).
2. She needs to know how to take her pistol apart clean it and put it back together all on her own.
3. She needs to be taught how to handle jams, stove pipes, and all other issues that can happen.
4. She needs to have a lawyer that she has paid a retainer too and sat down with to discuss her rights.
5. She needs to take the time to talk to her police chief, sheriff, and/or prosecuting attorney.
Having and owning firearms is a huge responsibility and a person needs to know what they are in for and what they can and can not do.